Fakeeh University Hospital’s focus is to introduce cutting-edge technology and evidence-based medical practice for the benefit of our patients and medical professionals. We are a smart hospital, designed with paperless processes and advanced robotics.
We offer specialist-focused treatment in cardiology, radiology, gynecology, orthopedics, pediatrics, dermatology, dental, ophthalmology, ENT, general surgery, internal medicine, endocrinology, obstetrics, neonatal care, and in many more areas. Our team of internationally qualified medical and support staff is committed to providing international healthcare and customer service standards.
FUH’s patient experience professionals are dedicated for providing complete patient care and customer service through:
- Listening to our patients and their families and using this feedback to develop best practices in delivering quality patient-centered care
- Data management, analysis, and collaboration with departments to determine and deliver the best patient-focused care
- Highly specialized training for all caregivers in our Patients First philosophy and ways of working
- Implementation and continual compliance with Department of Health regulations, policies, and procedures
We understand that being in a hospital can be difficult for patients and families alike, so we go the extra mile to make everyone involved as comfortable as possible. If you have any special needs or suggestions, please do not hesitate to let your caregivers know. In the Spirit of Excellence, they will be happy to do all that they can.
Outpatient Clinic Visit
Depending on the nature of your outpatient appointment, this information should help you prepare for and know what to expect during your visit.
Arrival to Appointment
When you arrive for your appointment, you will find ample complimentary parking. Additionally, valet parking services are available for a nominal charge. There is a coffee shop & restaurant, retail outlet, and free Wi-Fi available for all patients and visitors within the hospital.
Please note that you will be asked several times, for your safety, to give your name and date of birth and to show a valid ID during your visit.
What you should bring with you to your appointment:
- Valid photo ID (Emirates ID for residents and passport for non-residents)
- Valid insurance card(s) where applicable
- A valid form of payment (cash, credit, or debit card)
- All medicines that you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medication, over-the-counter medicines, herbal and dietary supplements
- A list of allergies and sensitivities
- Any laboratory samples requested by your doctor
- Copy of your medical records in English or Arabic, including, but not limited to your current diagnosis, X-rays, films, and lab test results
- Any directions from your doctor about diet or medication restrictions before your appointment
- Please do not bring any valuables, including jewellery or large amounts of cash
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, and plan to spend at least an hour and a half to allow for your appointment, any required diagnostic tests, as well as picking up any medication from the pharmacy.
Appointment wait times can vary. However, if you have been waiting for more than 15 minutes past your scheduled time, please inform our Registration Customer Service Officers.
Upon arrival, you will be checked in at the registration desk, where you will be asked for a photo ID and insurance details – our nursing staff may also ask to show an ID again before seeing a physician.
Once the registration is complete, you will be asked to sit in the waiting area.
A registered nurse will then notify when it’s time for your initial assessment; they will also ask to confirm the name and date of birth to comply with our patient safety standards. Please be aware that more than one caregiver may ask you for these details during your visit.
Your initial assessment will include the following:
- Vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Height and weight
- Systematic assessment (including cardiac system, neurological system, and respiratory system)
- Complete medical history and current complaints
- Current medications
Once the initial assessment is completed, you will be asked to sit in the waiting area for your doctor.
The doctor will see you in the consultation room to carry out your medical assessment. She/he will listen to your medical concerns and discuss the treatment options with you.
If you do not understand the prescribed treatment options or have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask your doctor.
If the doctor recommends further testing/investigation to determine your diagnoses or treatment options, it will be booked at the time of your checkout. When possible, these tests will be accommodated on the same day.
During your appointment, you will be advised if you need any follow-up visits or diagnostic tests. The checkout team will then assist with scheduling these at the most convenient time and date. You will also be able to collect any prescription medication required from the pharmacy within the hospital.
If tests or investigations are carried out during the appointment or on the same day, your results will be reviewed on a follow-up visit. In case of any abnormality, a doctor or nurse will inform you within 48 hours. Please note that some tests require more extended periods to be concluded, and if so, the nurse will inform you accordingly.
During the visit, you may receive information about your patient rights and responsibilities. You may also receive details on how to sign-up for the Mobile App, which allows you to schedule and manage appointments, view test results, and request prescription refills on the go.