- Diagnosis and clinical management of vast auto-immune diseases, mainly Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies
- Management of degenerative joint diseases as well as painful conditions affecting different joints (tendinitis, inflamed bursae, ligaments injury)
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy in the management of rheumatic diseases, including joint protection, maintenance of physical fitness and prevention of impairment
Dr. Angie Yousri Afifi has 12 years of rich experience as a Rheumatologist. She has worked extensively at renowned hospitals in Egypt, before shifting her base to UAE. Her expertise lies in the diagnosis and clinical management of vast auto-immune diseases, and also in the management of degenerative joint diseases, among others.
She has a patient-centred care approach, and believes in evidence-based medicine to optimize patient care. Dr. Afifi has a keen interest in teaching and has been a Lecturer of Rheumatology at Cairo University. She is also active in research and regularly gets her papers published, in addition to attending conferences to improve her skills.
- M.B.,B.Ch., Cairo University, 2007
- Masters Degree in Rheumatology and Rehabilitation, Cairo University, 2013
- MD in Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Cairo University, 2018