- Pre-pregnancy counselling and screening of couples
- Pregnancy care (Antenatal, Intrapartum, and Postnatal)
- Natural Birth without medication
- VBAC (Vaginal birth after Caesarean Section)
- Water Birthing
- External Cephalic version to turn Breech baby
- Breech Delivery
- Twin vaginal delivery
- Elective and Emergency Caesarean section of 5 or less
- Cervical cerclage
- Removal of cerclage
- Management of low risk and high-risk complicated pregnancy with medical disorders (Diabetic, Hypertensive, thyroid disorders, Thrombophilia, etc)
- Obstetrics ultrasound and Doppler studies for fetal monitoring
- Management of Puerperal related problems – bleeding, mastitis.
- Episiotomy & Pelvic floor repair.
- Contraceptive management (Contraceptive Pills, Injectables, Insertion and removal of Intrauterine devices, Tubal ligation, Implanon insertion and removal)
- Screening and Management of menstrual disorders, recurrent miscarriage & sexually transmitted disease.
- Screening and Management of Polycystic ovary.
- Medical and surgical management of Fibroid, endometriosis.
- Prevention (Vaccination), Screening and management of abnormal Pap smear (CIN) & cancer of the reproductive organs
- Colposcopy biopsy/LLETZ/LEEP
- Management of premenopausal and postmenopausal women and HRT
- Endometrial biopsy by Pipelle and Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Cervical and endometrial polypectomy
- Excision of vaginal cyst, abscess, Bartholin’s cyst
- Pessary insertion
- Transvaginal ultrasound of gynaecological disorders
- Laparotomy (Open): All major Obstetrics & Gynaecological procedures like Myomectomy, Abdominal Hysterectomy and Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Repair of Vaginal prolapse and Pelvic floor repair
- Diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy for infertility, endometriosis, ovarian cyst, polycystic ovary, ectopic pregnancy, myomectomy, and hysterectomy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic hysteroscopy for fibroids and polyps
- Management of infertility, Induction ovulation, follicular tracking
- Screening of Breast diseases, Breast examination, and follow-up with ultrasound breast and mammogram
Dr. Lubna Ahmad is a highly qualified Obstetrics/ Gynaecology Specialist with extensive experience. She obtained her MBBS degree from a prestigious university in the world. In 2007, Dr. Lubna completed MCPS from the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. She then completed her training of Membership of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology London (RCOG) and Fellowship from the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (FCPS). In addition, she holds a Diploma from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Ireland (DRCOG). She also completed a Fellowship in Laparoscopic Gynaecological Surgery from India (FMAS) and Masters in Laparoscopic Gynaecological Surgery from Germany (MAS) and Keil University, Germany. In addition, she holds a Master’s degree in Assisted Reproductive Technology (IVF and PGD) from Spain. She holds a Fellowship from the American College of Physicians and Surgeons (USA).
Dr. Lubna has over 20 years of experience as a substantive Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and worked at hospitals in Pakistan, Canada, Ireland, Muscat, and Dubai and been associated with Scarborough General Hospital in Toronto, Maternity Hospital in Ireland, Armed Forces Hospital Ministry of Defence Muscat, and Saudi German Hospital Dubai.
In her clinical experience, Dr. Lubna has had exposure to all aspects of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Throughout her career, she has managed several normal vaginal deliveries, VBAC’s, water births, hypnobirthing, difficult caesarean births, and ultrasound Doppler scans.
She has presented numerous papers in Paris and Austria in the World Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In addition, she used to train Oman specialty board students and give many lectures in her area of expertise.
- FACS, Fellow of American College of Surgeons, 2020
- Masters in Laparoscopic Surgery (DMAS), Pius Hospital Oldenenberg, Germany, 2017
- Masters in Assisted Reproductive Technology (MART), IVI Foundation University of Spain, 2017
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery in Obstetrics & Gynecology – (FMAS), World Laparoscopy Hospital, India, 2013
- Fellowship in Obstetrics & Gynecology (FCPS), College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan, 2012
- Diploma Royal College in Obstetrics & Gynecology (DRCOG), College of Physicians of Ireland, 2012
- Membership in Obstetrics & Gynecology (MCPS), College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan, 2008
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS), University of Sindh, Pakistan, 2001