Occupational health and safety (OHS), is a multidisciplinary field concerned with the safety, health, and welfare of people at occupation. It is a branch of medicine that comprises several disciplines focussed on the physical and mental well-being of the staff in the organization. It ensures safety of employees by continuous education, by injury prevention, illness prevention, promoting safe working practices, and focussing on ergonomics.
Occupational health deals clinically and administratively with the effect of work on the health of both, individuals and groups, from a prevention as well as a treatment perspective.
Fakeeh University Hospital is committed to providing you with evidence-based and best-practice occupational health services, which includes:
- Protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of your employees
- Enhancing employee productivity by prevention of illness and injury
- Ensuring compliance with institutional policies
- Meeting with national and international standards
Our team is here to help your staff perform the job safely and effectively. We efficiently recognize potential hazards, evaluate, control, and manage them, and prevent work-related illnesses and injuries. Our occupational medicine specialists are dedicated to uplift the health and safety standards in industries within the United Arab Emirates and the surrounding regions.
We visit workplaces and assess a range of work-related or work-aggravated health issues. An important aspect of our services is rehabilitation, which implies returning to work-level fitness after a bout of illness or injury. We help the staff stay at work or return to work sooner, following an accident or an illness.
- Fit-for-duty and return-to-work evaluations
- Medical evaluations for the Medical Disability Program
- Health promotion programs
- Pre-placement physical examinations
- Out-of-country assignment physicals
- Commercial and recreational diving physicals
- Periodic physicals for: heavy equipment operators, ship crew, workers exposed to ionizing radiation, offshore workers etc.
- Hoist training, and helicopter underwater escape training (HUET)
- Physicals for firefighters
- Security personnel periodic physicals
- Drug testing programs
- On-site clinic management
Administrative and Corporate Medicine services
Our experts are trained to assist an organization with its healthcare policy development. We also have the provision of implementing corporate-wide information awareness programs and advice dissemination services.
Preventive and Medical Surveillance services
We provide programs for continuous assessment of employees, who may be exposed to hazards in the workplace. We monitor the staff for detecting any health problems and we also check the effectiveness of an organization’s exposure prevention policies.
Our preventive programs include:
- Health risk assessment
- Hearing conservation program
- Vision conservation program
- Respiratory protection program
- Health surveillance for pesticide workers
- Healthcare hazardous drugs protection program
- Healthcare waste anesthetic gases protection program
- Radiation workers protection program