- All kinds of vascular procedures, including stenting of different arteries
- Arterial and venous thrombolysis and thrombectomy
- Embolization of vascular malformation
- Embolization of pelvic congestion syndrome
- Port-a-cath placement and Chemo/Radioembolization of liver tumors and metastasis
- Local ablation of Liver, Kidney, Lung and Bone Tumors
- All kinds of dialysis access, Fistulogram and Fistuloplasty
- Insertion of Nephrostomy and antegrade DJ stent insertion
- All kinds of biopsies
- Ultrasound or CT-guided drainage (Chest, Abdomen and Collections)
- Embolization of active bleeding (gastrointestinal, bronchial artery, all kinds of traumatic bleeding, etc.)
- Prostatic artery embolization
- Embolization of uterine fibroids and postpartum Haemorrhage
- Feeding tube insertion (PEG)
- Percutaneous transhepatic bile duct drainage (PTCD)
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- Local ablation of benign Thyroid nodules
Dr. Alaadin Hakim has been trained extensively in the field of interventional radiology from institutes of repute in Germany. His residency training in basic and higher diagnostic and interventional radiology, helped him improve his expertise.
He was working as Chief Division of Interventional Radiology in Tawam Hospital in Al Ain for 8 years.
He completed his training with Board certification (Facharzt) from the Heidelberg University, Germany.
He is a specialist in complex and advanced angiography, including oncology patients. His career speaks volumes of the high quality of his work.
He is also a research enthusiast, and his main interest lies in Angio-embolization in Hepatocellular diseases, highly selective prostatic artery embolization and uterine artery embolization.
- MBBS, 2000
- MD and Facharzt (German Board Certification) in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, 2007
Dr. Alaadin Hakim discusses everything you need to know about Uterine Fibroid Embolization