- Neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric anesthesia
- Neuro-anesthesia including craniotomies, spinal fixation and neuro-critical care
- Ultrasound guided nerve and plexus blocks for different surgical specialties including orthopedics
- Neuro-axial anesthesia (spinal/epidural/caudal)
- Painless labor and obstetric anesthesia
- Anesthesia for trauma cases, complex and major oncological surgeries.
- Anesthesia for bariatric, orthopedic, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries
- Pediatric sedation (Director of pediatric sedation course and member of Operation Smile, international and UAE)
- Difficult airway management including fiberoptic intubation with high record of managing difficult cases (pediatric and adults)
- Vascular access in all age groups including neonates and elderly patients
- Acute pain management tailored to each patient individually including PCEA, PCA and nerve blocks.
- Very good communicator and preoperative explanation and optimization of patients before operations
Dr. Khaled Balah is a highly skilled Consultant and Associate Professor of Anesthesia with 28 years of well-established career in the field of anesthesia.
He has vast experience and exposure to all modalities of surgical specialties for adult, pediatric and geriatric patients. He has worked in different health systems with diversity of teams in Egypt, KSA, Kuwait & UAE.
Having been qualified and trained at a busy large University Hospital in Cairo, Egypt, he has gained teaching experience as well, in addition to clinical skills.
Due to his keen interest in his field, he stays up-to-date with the recent developments in anesthesia techniques, intensive care and pain management.
Dr. Balah has contributed in creating and updating clinical protocols and guidelines and has been the Co-Director of Anesthesia Residency training program in Dubai Health Authority (DHA), prior to joining the private sector.
- European Diploma of Anesthesia and Intensive Care (EDAIC), Zurich, 2017
- MD (Doctorate of Anesthesia), Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2002
- Masters in Anesthesia, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1996
- MBBS, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1992