- Cataract surgery (Phaco + IOL, ECCE, ICCE)
- Corneal transplantation (PK, DLK, IEKP)
- Keratoconus treatment (FERRARA RINGS, INTACS, CXL)
- Refractive surgery (Lasik, ICL, PRL, CK, RK)
- Glaucoma surgery
- Surgery of ocular injury & more
- Retinal disease
- Intravitreal medicines injection
- Yag laser
With 33 years of rich experience spanning across UAE and Russia, Dr. Vladimir Tchouprine is a pioneering ophthalmic surgeon with significant accomplishments. He is credited with developing new surgical techniques and tools, thus improving quality and outcome for his patients.
He was the first surgeon in the Middle East to use ICL, corneal rings, cross-linking, and has completed around 5000 such procedures till date.
Back in Russia, he had developed and introduced simultaneous keratoplasty, cataract and IOL implantation surgeries. He also implemented a new approach for non-penetrating glaucoma surgery with the Excimer laser.
Dr. Tchouprine has headed many ophthalmic departments too in his long career.
He is the member of the following associations:
- Moscow Ophthalmologic Society (1988 – present)
- Russian Ophthalmologic Society (1989 – present)
- Dubai Ophthalmologic Society (1999 – present)
- Emirates Medical Association (1999 to present)
- Member of Ophthalmology Board, UAE, 2002
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (2009 – present)
- Medical Doctor Degree, Moscow Medical University, 1988
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Eye Microsurgery Institute, Moscow, 1990
- Certified as Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Moscow, Russia, 1995
- Fellowship Anterior Segment and Refractive surgery, Create University, Greece, 2001